The goal of collecting School Meals That Rock is simple.
I want to showcase all the AMAZING things that school nutrition folks are doing from Maine to Montana and Michigan to Mississippi. I know that millions of delicious, nutritious, local, fresh, kids-friendly meals are being served every day across America – and I want to collect the photos that tell this story.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Send a photo of Schools Meal That Rocks – breakfast, lunch, snack, vending machine, or party – any eating occasion.
- Include a 50 word-or less-description of what makes it amazing (local ingredients, made-from-scratch, nutrient content, popular with kids, etc.).
- If there are people in the photo (highly encouraged!), make sure that you have permission to share the image.
Here’s how to do it:
- Send your entry for this school meals “hall of fame” to SchoolMealsThatRock@gmail.com. I’ll post photos and descriptions as space allows here on the blog.
- OR join School Meals That Rock on Facebook and post your entries directly.
Here’s my goal:
- 250 entries by the end of the school year (June 2010)
- Just 5 School Meals That Rock from each state
Now, it’s up to you. Get those entries in and keep ‘em coming. And who knows??! Anyone can log on and see your School Meals That Rock – Jamie Oliver, the New York Times, the Today Show – it could happen!