I'm proud to share a series of resources that I developed this year for the the Montana WIC program. The What Incredible Choices Toolkit is packed with fresh tips, information, newsletters, and activities for staff to use in promoting “the original fast food” (delicious, crunchy, juicy, sweet, nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables) with WIC participants and other families. The Toolkit specifically highlights fresh fruits and vegetables which can be purchased with the Montana Fruit and Vegetable and Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Benefits.
The 6 activities (Shopping Smart, Eating More Matters, Sneaky Produce Secrets, Born Learning Color, Mom-to-Mom, and Market Tours) are perfect for small groups of parents, including PTAs. Each of the 12 newsletters (topics below) features how to choose, store, and prepare a fruit and a veggie - along with easy tips for parents and simple kid-pleasing, mom-approved recipes. Check them out today - download one or all, in color or grayscale (there's also toolkit guidance for staff).
- Enjoy a Rainbow of Fruits and Vegetables
- Raising Children Who Love to Eat Vegetables
- Easy Ways to Enjoy Cooking with Kids
- Growing a Simple Family Garden Together
- Delicious Ways to Serve Leafy Greens
- Shopping Smart at Farmers' Markets
- Helping Kids Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
- Preparing Vegetables with Maximum Flavor
- Putting Fruits and Vegetables on the Menu
- Teachable Moments with Fruits and Vegetables
- Maximize Your Health with Fruits and Vegetables
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables on a Budget